- Foundation Course is the entry level for Chartered Accountancy Course.
- Enroll for Foundation Course after appearing in class 12th examination.
- Complete four months study period.
- Foundation Examinations are held twice a year in the months of May and November.
- Appear in Foundation Examination after passing in the 10+2 examination.
- A Foundation Course candidate shall be declared to have passed the examination if he/ she obtains at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all the papers, subject to the principle of negative marking.
- Foundation Course registration is valid for 3 years and can be revalidated any number of times for further 3 years period by paying revalidation fee of Rs. 300/- or as decided by the Council from time to time.
- Join Intermediate Course after passing Foundation Examination.
- Paper-1: Principles and Practice of Accounting (100 Marks)
- Paper-2: Business Law & Business Correspondence and Reporting (100 Marks)
- Paper-3: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics (100 Marks)
- Paper-4: Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 Marks)
Paper-3 and Paper-4 are objective type papers with negative marking
A Foundation Course candidate shall be declared to have passed the examination if he/ she obtains at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all the papers, subject to the principle of negative marking.
A candidate has to register for Foundation Course by filling Online Registration Form available on ICAI website (www.icai.org) in “Course Registration Forms” under “Students tab”. While filling the online form, candidates should take care of the following:
- After filling the Online Form pay the required fees online using the payment gateway.
- On successful payment, system will automatically generate the Form, which is to be printed. Following documents are to be submitted to concerned Regional Office within 7 days of the date of online registration along with the print out of the online registration form, duly signed by the candidate.
- The duly signed printout of online successful registration form in hard copy
- Attested copy of Admit Card / Mark sheet of Class 12 examination issued by the respective Board
- One recent colour photograph (affixed on the printout of the online successful registration form)
- Attested copy of proof of Nationality, if student is a foreigner.
- Attested copy of proof of special category certificate i.e SC/ST, OBC, Differently abled
- Attested copy of the 10th Marksheet/ Admit Card of 10th class indicating the Name & Date of Birth
Southern India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI BHAWAN, 122,
Post Box No. 3314,Nungambakkam,
Chennai – 600 034